Woo hoo and a massive thanks to Jess over at Waiting on a Word
who has very nicely nominated me for a beautiful blogger award. Which I am extremely grateful for, not only because I appreciate her lovely words but also because it’s great material for today’s post!! Jess herself is most entertaining, who knew it could be so fun to read her posts of self educating as she commits to learn more about some less obvious countries in the world or thoughts on British TV and her lack of ‘getting’ our humour.
Anyway without further a due I am going to now get on and abide by the rules for receiving my nomination which are listed below:
(1) Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post. SEE ABOVE!
(2) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. SEE ABOVE!
(3) Tell 7 things about yourself.
(4) Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Seven things about me…. RachEve which I haven’t already shared through my posts.
1. I failed my driving test twice and was completely distraught on both occasions. On the third attempt I told very few people I had my test as I couldn’t bare the trauma of telling people I had failed again, fortunately I didn’t. I am soon going to start this approach with applying for jobs…..
2. I can be really greedy and selfish when it comes to food. I don’t like sharing and if I haven’t bought extra provisions purely for others to eat so they don’t need mine I will take my sweets and chocolate somewhere on my own so no one even knows I have any. I am not proud of this.
3. I am quite shallow when it comes to the male species (please don’t judge me.) I just think that while I am still young I should aim high. Granted this hasn’t actually got me anywhere, however at least then when I lower the bar in older age I am more likely to succeed in a healthy and long term relationship, or at least I hope so!
4. I would love to own a one stop wedding shop. A beautiful building full of everything a couple needs for their day.
5. When I was 21 I weighed 10st 4 ( 144lbs) and thought I was fat. I would very happily weigh this now…..must train harder.
6. I can sleep anywhere, anytime, I’m not fussy, if I’m tired I’m gone.
7. Despite my blog name I ironically do not like being called Rach. My name is Rachel. There are handful of people who get away with calling my Rach, most of those share my DNA. Those who don’t obviously think they are special, okay, maybe someone of them are. However as a rule, call me Rach and if I don’t like it I will curse you behind your back and moan to everyone but you about it.
Now I move onto my nominations and in no particular order here they are, a nice mixed bag even if I do say so myself
- Scribbles and Thoughts a simple blog with little anecdotes that I am sure everyone can relate to at some point, I particularly like this one about being awake.
- 400 days until 40 So then, theoretically this blog has come to an end as it was a count down to her 40th birthday and I know that she recently posted about all her nominations in the 400 days that she blogged for, well that isn’t going to stop me showing my appreciation for time that I followed and looked forward to her posts! Birthday!
- abbeygallagher This blog is just a lovely insight in the life of somebody else, that somebody is Abbey, this is a recent post which I thought was particularly personal and beautiful Ever growing shadow
- Photo Matt I like variety in my life, I don’t just follow other peoples blogs for a good read, I also really appreciate life through a lens, this lens belongs to Matt and this is a recent post of his which I truly appreciate, Kids Sledding.
- 4am Writer An aspiring writers blog who I got drawn into purely because of this simple yet thought provoking question Why do you read?
- 20somethingAngst – A fellow 20 somethings life portrayed through the joys of blogging, living in NYC this young lady writes about things we might think about but not admit to ourselves, I can totally relate to this post been there and done that – Selfish guy
- JohnShue Drop by and say hello to John, I had to laugh and comment to John when he wrote internet dating tips for the ladies, unfortunately I had already given up on my quest for an online romance to blossom, although I could recognise the irritants that he mentions here in his dating tips for the ladies